On Demand Bmet Staffing
A biomedical equipment technician (BMET) is someone who is responsible for the proper functioning of medical equipment in hospitals, outpatient clinics, and military facilities. The primary job of a BMET is to make sure the medical equipment at hand is operating according to manufacturer specifications, properly maintained on a routine schedule, and properly configured. BMETs are trained to inspect, install, maintain, repair, and re-calibrate existing equipment. In settings where a healthcare provider does not have a full time BMET on staff, a visiting BMET should also advise and train other staff on basic equipment maintenance procedures. They are the silent backbone of a well operating healthcare facility and can prevent unwanted downtime due to mechanical failure of equipment.
A certified biomedical equipment technician has the expertise to maintain, calibrate and repair the following equipment:
- Diagnostic Medical Imaging equipment.
- Laboratory equipment.
- Surgical equipment.
- Healthcare technology.
- Nuclear imaging equipment.
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitative equipment.
BMET’s, while not front and center are vital to the successful operation of a medical facility and are relied upon by patients and healthcare professionals for the smooth running of their institutions in critical situations. As noted above, BMETs are responsible for a wide range of equipment from surgical equipment, to lab equipment, to complex nuclear imaging equipment. Their wide ranging skills from the technical to the interpersonal make them invaluable. Now more than ever, facilities are finding that due to various circumstances, in-house BMET teams are being reduced, creating a backlog in equipment maintenance. This can be due to existing staff turnover, difficulty recruiting, vacation, or retirement. In these situations, the ideal solution is to hire temporary BMET staff for as long as is required.
Why choose ERS Medical for On Demand BMET Staffing?
- 20+ years of experience in hospital, outpatient and federal settings.
- Scalable packages to fit your exact needs.
- Fully certified biomedical equipment technicians levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Routine training on industry and manufacturer standards.
- New hire onboarding time and money-saving solution
- Repair and maintain general biomedical equipment, specialty devices (imaging, ventilator, anesthesia), endoscopy equipment, surgical instruments, and more.